1 lb ground steak (lean ground or sirloin)
¼ lb lean ground pork shoulder
1 tsp cornstarch
1 medium onion, grated
½ cup milk, scalded and cooled
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ginger
- Grind meat very fine or mix in food processor.
- Beat eggs slightly, adding milk and cornstarch to meat mixture.
Note: I beat everything
with mix master until very light and fluffy.
- Form into small balls (won't be competely round, at first).
- Brown in butter in butter slowly, turning as little as possible.
- Use slotted spoon and place on paper towels and cover with paper towels
to blot off excess butter.
- Set aside.
- Continue making meatballs until mixture is used up.
- Then place in freezer bags and store until needed.
- Make brown gravy with butter and flour.
- Add water or beef broth and cook until desired consistentcy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs and warm in crock pot or oven with gravy.
- Heat through and serve with mashed potatoes and lingonberries.
- Make sure gravy is doubled for hot meatball sandwiches.