Ingredients for balls:
1 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup powered sugar
¾ cup cornstarch
1 cup flour
½ cup finely chopped pecans
Ingredients for Frosting:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp butter
juice from ½ lemon
- Blend butter and sugar until light.
- Add cornstarch and flour sifted together and mix well.
- Chill until dough can be easily handled.
- Shape into small balls.
- Spread nuts on waxed paper and sweeten with a little sugar.
- Place balls on top of nuts and flatten with a small glass.
- Place cookies on baking sheet, nut side up.
- Bake at 350℉ for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and frost with 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp butter and juice of ½
lemon, creamed until smooth.