1 Stick Butter
½ cup sugar
4 extra large eggs, separated
4 tbl milk
¾ cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar (or vanilla extract)
¼ cup sliced almonds (approx)
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well, adding milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar and add to mixture.
- Beat well.
- Grease 9" x 13" cookie sheet lightly.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment.
- Beat the 4 egg whites until stiff and add 1 cup sugar to the egg whites.
- Spread on top of dough.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350℉ for 30 minutes until meringue is golden.
- Cool cake completely.
- Put a cutting board on top of cake and flip over.
- Remove paper and flip back onto serving plata.
- Cut the cake in 2.
- Put 1 piece on serving platter (meringue side up) and add your favorite fruit.
- Whip 1 cup whipping cream and add ½ package of instant vanilla pudding.
- Cover fruit with pudding mixture.
- Add the 2nd half of cake, meringue side up, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.