1½ cup milk
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
5 tsp dry yeast or 2 pkgs of yeast
5-6 cups flour (approximately)
¼ - 1 tsp cinnamon or cardamon
2-3 handsful raisins (approx.)
- Heat milk in small pan until it simmers around the edges.
- Turn off heat and cool.
- Add 1 stick butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Cool mixture until finger temperature.
- Beat 2 eggs in separate bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 5 tsp dry yeast or 2 packages of yeast with
about ¼ cup of lukewarm water and about 1 tsp sugar to activate the yeast.
- Let stand 5 minutes until the bubbles form and yeast rises.
- Add the beaten eggs to the milk, butter and eggs.
- Add to the yeast mixture.
- Beat in 5 cups or more of flour, cinnamon or cardamom and raisins and mix well.
- Cover with saran wrap and towel and let the dough rise to double the size.
- After it has doubled in size mix it again with a dough hook (mix master) or kneed it for 3 minutes.
- Roll it out and form balls and put on cookie sheet and let it rise again to half the size.
- Bake in 400 oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush with milk as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Put on rack to cool.
- Serve fresh with butter, Norwegian Goat Cheese and coffee.